Monday, February 9, 2009

Crash and burn

When I got up this morning I wrote about the adventures of my hunter last night. After composing an interesting and entertaining post I ran a spell check. Up popped a misspelled word and the dictionary didn't know how to fix it. I jumped on Dictionary.com and tried to find the correct spelling. Apparently I had misspelled the word so badly that the spell checker and Dictionary.com couldn't figure out what I was on about. So I throw it at Google and get some hits. I clicked a link that looked promising and .... Well the title says it all. FireFox rolls over and plays dead. Well it wasn't playing. The post was lost. I was not a happy camper. "Dispare" had in fact become despair.

I'm used to this kind of behavior with IE and Windoze, but not with Firefox and my Mac. In fact I had become lazy at home. This happens at work not at home. As a computer professional I should have known better. If you don't want to lose it, back it up, and back it up often.

Edit: 17 February 2009

I came into make some enhancements to web links and low and behold the missing post had been saved as a draft. I had seen the periodic message saying that the post I was working on was being saved, I just had no idea where. So I guess this is just Crash without a burn. Hehe!

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me alot...well it would if I could be bothered to update my three post long blog :P

    ReplyDelete