Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hail to the Chef

I have wanted to earn the achievement Hail to the Chef since I first got to Dalaran and did my first WotLK cooking daily. I saved up my cooking awards and build up my supply of Northern Spices. Then last weekend I started buying several of the new cooking recipes then headed out to collect the materials. Each day I would knock several of them out. Finally it was down to Gigantic Feast as the only reliable way to gain cooking levels. This last Sunday I decided that I going to push my cooking to 450, get the Fish Feast and complete the achievement. I headed on out to Borean Tundra and fish up the Deep Sea Monsterbelly and Rockfin Grouper. Then I slaughter a whole lot of mammoths. All told I have enough to create ten Gigantic Feast. It's a yellow item and I should get a skill up 75% of the time. I need six to get to 450, so my math says i should reach 450 without any problems. Guess again! Ten tries and I get 4 skill ups. Pfft! So you know, out I go again to collect the necessary materials and the second time around I get my two skill ups on four tries (I had collected enough mats for six). Learn the Fish Feast and cook it up (I had the mats from all the fishing I had already done) and BAM! I have earned the title Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment