Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hello World

And so goes the first code that anyone writes, regardless of programming language they are learning. Hello World is ubiquitous. How do I display information within this programming framework? That is one of the first things you do, learn to display information. It does not matter how many different programming languages you learn, you will write an application that displays Hello World. Count on it.

While this is not a programming language, it is something new, so the title seems fitting, if not comfortable to the old programmer (that's me). What I have to do, is leave behind the structured world of technical writing that follows application development like a sad puppy. That stuff is a guaranteed to put everyone to sleep. If someone ever figures out how to take a technical document and turn it into a pill, they will be rich. Software developers do NOT like to write documentation, but we all have to do things we don't like. Hopefully writing this blog will not be one of those things.

For reasons that I cannot explain I feel the need to start a blog. Of course I have all these idea's that I think will make interesting posts. We will see. I will be posting about my virtual life in World of Warcraft, funny stories from my past (and even my present), and various musing on current topics. Yes this is just another soap box for the Internet enabled generation to stand on and espouse their view. I hope that they will be entertaining. I suspect that I am only writing for myself, so I should be fairly easy to please, since I know what I like. Now if I can only stop myself for revising this for the tenth or eleventh time.

2 comments:

  1. The world says hello back, unfortunately it said it in the form of an earthquake which cost £1,020,000 of property damage, fortunately no-one was hurt so you don't have to have that on your conscience.

    Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, don't worry, some of us are sane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Desdanova! Nice blog, hopefully I'll come back later to read somemore :P

    ReplyDelete