Monday, February 9, 2009

DING - 73

My hunter dinged 73 last night. I was questing Borean Tundra at the time; didn't even notice since i had aggro-ed a couple of extra mobs. Looked up and it read 73. Had to go back through the log to see when it happened. Now days I stop questing in order to run back to the trainer and get my newest abilities, but when you hit odd numbers you usually don't get anything good. I have often forgotten to spend talent points and train, so I like to take care of it while I'm thinking about it. Its all to easy for me to get lost in the game and forget these kind of "player" things. I'm not sure if it's old age or the immersive nature of the game. I'm afraid it's the former, not the latter.

The hunter is a Beast Master. For me it's the only build that interests me. Right now the "hot" talent build is Survivalist. But what fun is that? The great hunter nerf of 2008 has really taken a huge bite out of playing BM. Since this toon is in a really dead guild (I am often the only one logged in) it's not about raiding or running instances, it's just soloing. No one to complete for the top of the damage meters. While BigRedKitty may need to be at the top of the damage meters, that is not a issue for me. While I read all that I can about BM I really don't look at SV or MM to much. I'm prejudiced in that regard. I just love the beast mastery talent. Now that is what a 51 point talent should be. Not deep freeze (poor frost mages). So BM hunter and Frost mages have both been screwed by Blizzard recently, but the wheel turns and new patches are coming. Reason for hope or despair? I say to Blizzard, take the nerf bat and smack pallies and kitties a few times, and for good measure rogues too!

Auto-save FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment